Posted on June 7, 2016 by Admin@aplustut
As the number of students pursuing higher education increases, securing spots in top universities and career programs becomes more competitive. With so many driven and qualified students applying for those spots, there are many factors that admissions committees consider when reviewing applications.
Standardized test scores are one of the primary factors that influences a committee’s decision. So when students are considering medical studies, scores received on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) can make a big difference. At A Plus Tutor USA, we offer many tutoring programs with a 1:1 or 1:3 teacher-student ratio, including a new service for MCAT test preparation.
5 ways a private tutor can benefit someone preparing for the MCAT exam is:
- Understanding Expectations. A private test tutor is beneficial since they will know what is expected of students on test day. From the subjects covered, to testing locations, to what students are allowed to bring, a standardized test tutor can provide relevant information.
- Reducing Uncertainty. Standardized tests can be intimidating. The MCAT is a computerized test and testers are not allowed to use resources such as calculators. By hiring a private test tutor, students’ fears or uncertainties can be pointed out and addressed.
- Identifying Problem Areas. Not all schools and lesson plans are the same. Perhaps a struggling student simply needs help understanding a topic that wasn’t adequately covered, so a private tutor is a great resource for identifying weak spots.
- Focusing on Relevant Material. When students choose private tutoring, they are choosing personal lesson plans that help them in the areas they need to focus on the most, without sitting through unnecessary material.
- Encouraging Instruction. Private standardized test tutors are passionate about what they do, and they want to foster that same passion and enthusiasm in their students. Even if a student is struggling, they will receive positive instruction that encourages them to push forward.
At A Plus Tutor USA, our programs are dedicated to each individual student’s success. If you’re preparing for the MCAT test and considering a standardized test prep tutor, contact us today and to see the benefit from our services!